Tax Information Links
Where's My Refund
Helpful IRS Links
- IRS Website: Tons of Searchable information, downloadable forms, publications and up-to-date information on tax laws and issues.
- IRS Newsroom: Here you will find the latest news from the IRS throughout the year.
- Online Payment Agreement: If you owe the IRS less than $50,000, you can easily set up a payment plan online here.
MN Department of Revenue Links
- MN Revenue Website: Lots of information on Income, Property Tax Refunds and Sales Tax for businesses and individuals.
- 2014 State Tax Law Changes: Updated every Thursday with most recent info on the many changes to Sales Tax, Income Tax and other special tax law changes.
Affordable Care Act
- IRS ACA Tax Provisions Website: Information for Individuals, Employers and other Organizations set up to help you see how law affects you.
- MNSURE Website: New site set up to help individuals and businesses enroll in new Health Care Exchanges.
- Required Notice to Employees: Every employer, regardless of whether you offer health insurance to employees or not, is supposed to give a notice to employees. A sample letter to use is found here.
- DrakeHealth: Our tax software company created a website with a bunch of resources to determine if you are eligible for credits or subject to penalties. You can also apply for insurance through their site.*
*Full disclosure: they offer us a referral credit from this link if you apply. This is private insurance brokerage that can help you compare different plans both from private and new government plans, but should not be confused with the actual ACA funded MNSure or healthcare.gov sites.
MN Secretary of State: File to form a new company OR file your Annual Business Renewal Online here.
Bookkeeping and Other Interesting Software/Services We Like
- Quickbooks: Get a discount on either desktop or online versions here.
- Wave Accounting: Free online accounting software with Mobile Receipt Tracking features. Good for self-employed, but not quite enough reporting power for corp or partnerships yet (but it's free and could be great for the self employed!).
- Freshbooks: Online invoicing, time and expense tracking software.
- Fox Tax Online Payroll Demo: See how our online payroll system can work for you.
- Yearli/Greatland: Easy and affordable way to make and file 1099-misc and W2s online.
- Springboard for the Arts - Non Profit Organization helping all types of artists in the midwest. Great resource for anyone making a business of their art
- SCORE - SCORE provides free and confidential business counseling tailored to meet the needs of your small business and your personal objectives.
- Women Venture - WomenVenture is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping women achieve economic success and prosperity.
- Smiling Spaces, LLC - Offers professional in-home organizing services in the twin cities metro and surrounding suburbs, and a FREE 30 minute phone consultation to assess tax related organizing needs.
- Map for Nonprofits - Provides support services for non profit organizations
- Northeast Minneapolis Arts Association - Organizers of Art-A-Whirl and other Northeast Minneapolis Art Events and Activities.
- Northeast Minneapolis Arts District
- Friedman Iverson Law: Our new neighbors on the block that focus on legal issues for creatives and consumers.